Y Felin, Welsh for ‘mill’, is a beautifully restored and converted water mill originally built in the 1600s and has been owned by my family – the Tudors – since 1964 alongside the 1200 acre farm. The house lies nestled at the bottom of a very distinct and dramatic glacial valley and the river Dysynni runs past the front door. If you seek privacy, you will not be disturbed or disappointed. If you want beauty, you will be delighted.
Y Felin house in a nutshell:
- Sleeps 8: 1 double / 1 twin/double and two bunk beds
- renovated using local oak, slate and stone; with exposed beams and stone walls; hand crafted furniture and soft furnishings;
- promises you comfort, care and attention to detail with 100% cotton dressing gowns, bed linen, fluffy towels, well sprung mattresses and a plentiful wood supply from our farm;
- assures you a considerate and warm welcome with a gourmet gift, an honesty freezer, a well equipped kitchen and personalised itinerary suggestions;
- sits in ecological harmony through its renewable energy sources and the well-tended, special and diverse wildlife habitats on the surrounding farm;
- offers you a real connection with nature within its secluded riverside location – also a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest;
- sits in a wild and sensual landscape of heather, moss, oak, scree, water and woodland;
- allows you to freely fish the river Dysynni that flows past the front door for trout, salmon, eels;
- offers varied and diverse activities and experiences within the locality including castles, beaches (the nearest is only 9 miles away), mountains, canoeing, fishing, biking, yachting, bird watching;
- gives you an opportunity to connect to and understand the 1200 acre farm of which Y Felin is a part… or stay in, read, relax, and just be..together with friends, or alone.